Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Monday - On the way back

4 x 1k @ 5:10 mins/km

Hit the tready on my way home from work for a tentative hitout - only my third run in more than two weeks and my first serious run with the orthotics. There was the expected discomfort to the arches of my soles, moreso on the left foot than right foot. The discomfort was more pronounced earlier in the run than later, so hopefully that is a good sign. There was some slight, but intermittent shin discomfort that I was expecting and the shins pulled up well. The HR feedbank from the tready said I maxed out at 145-147 after the 2nd and 3rd reps but eased to 142 after the last rep. That is too high, but again, probably to be expected given my fitness levels. I will be wearing MJ's Polar HR Monitor for the next few weeks to act on Dr Friis' suggestion of keeping a close eye on the HR in my recovery.

As for the virus - I think its pretty close to zapped. Today and Sunday, I was just brimming with vitality and energy and that's been the first time in a while I've felt that way. Another easy 4k run on the cards for Tuesday.

Onward and upward......

Km's this week - 4
Km's this month - 7
Km's this year - 76

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Hope this is the final comeback Matty and you don't ever go down the injury path again. We miss ya!