Monday, February 06, 2006

Saturday/Sunday - Caboolture Dusk to Dawn

After watching the Bullets lock up sixth place in the playoffs with a 43 point drubbing of Adelaide, I was off to my old stomping ground of Caboolture for the Dusk to Dawn 6 and 12 hours ultra event for R4YL reporting and Team Tesso crewing duties. The race was held at the Caboolture Historical Village, not far from my old primary school, St Peters which I attended from 84-87 being ranked #2 in the school at cross country.

The Dusk to Dawn was a great event with runners endlessly circulating a 500m compact dirt track through the Village. The highlight of the night was definitely Tesso's 3rd outright and 1st female in the 12 hr event. It was just amazing and inspiring to watch her on her way to rack up over 100k's and look strong and comfortable doing it albeit with some shaky legs in the last few hours. After five hours, I was tired, had work on Sunday and left at 3am feeling guilty as Tesso still had to run another few hours!!!! Big efforts from Clairie, Chelle, Jess K and Phil K rounded off a great night.

It'll be a long time before I venture over to the "dark side" of ultra running if at all, but gees, this event would be a fun one to do a two hour relay leg for.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Thanks sooooo much for your help on Saturday night, I truly couldn't have done it without you.

Your hourly reports on how everyone was going (which I wasn't worried about before you started them) was what really got me focussed on the job at hand.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Chelle said...

It was great to see you up there Matty. Hope you're feeling better soon.