Thursday, February 09, 2006

Delayed comeback

1km @ 5:00mins km

After feeling healthy, spritely and enthusiastic yesterday, I was keen to do 5-6k's this morning and start another comeback, but I awoke with a HR that settled at 55(up from the usual 48-52) after being a little higher when I first slapped the Polar on my chest. I then started to feel fluey and suffered from a runny nose after some exposure to air con. I decided it wasn't going to be my day, the virus isn't quite gone and I would take it easy. But I still went for a 5 min run, with the orthotics in.

The good news is that after 200 metres of running, the shins settled down and handled the workload well. In fact, the shins have given me no trouble for the last 5 days or so and its only the virus that is delaying my comeback now. I blew heavily after that 5 min run this morning as if I had run 3:30! I've bowed to the inevitable and asked Langy to run my leg for Northies in the 3rd race of the Bribie Tri next Sunday, so c'mon Langy!!!

Wore the orthotics for a total of 3 hours today and apart from a few aches, the feet handled it well - all is good on that front.



Km's this week - 1
Km's this month - 3
Km's this year - 72

1 comment:

Tesso said...

I hope that Langy character doesn't run too fast in the tri, you might be replaced ;-)

Glad the feet are happy with the orthotics. Gotta say getting some was the best thing I ever did.