Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Tuesday - Making progress

4 x 1k's @ 5::05 mins/km with 2 min WR

Got a nice little session in the bank this arvo. There was significant discomfort in the arch of the left foot for the first five minutes and I couldn't wait for the walking recovery! Fortunately, there was little discomfort for the last 15 mins of the session. I think that's a good sign. Better to have 5 mins discomfort and then 15 without rather than 15 mins without discomfort ending with 5 mins of discmfort. There was only some intermittent shin discomfort. HR ranged between 140-150 maxing out at 151 on the last rep, recovering to 101 after my final 2 min WR. Still a little high, but losing fitness could have contributed here as much as the virus did.

Just as important, I woke up full of energy and vitality, was in the office at 7:30am, ploughed my way through a productive day and then hit the tready. Gee's, its good to get over that damn virus!

Km's this week - 8
Km's this month - 11
Km's this year - 80

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Welcome back to good health Matty!

I had to read your blog entry a few times though to try to work out what you were saying re the discomfort. I think I understand.