Thursday, June 28, 2007

D-Day looms as the carbo load begins

Wed - 50 mins, 10k's @ 4:57 mins/km
Thurs - 30 sec efforts with JR, 3k WU, 3k CD

An easy run yesterday went well.

A good turnout at PCRG this morning for our final session before the Coast - I did most of the 30 second efforts at about 60-80% intensity with two efforts at 100% intensity. Its a funny session and its hard to have a clear purpose for the session when you are doing little more than holding your fitness.

Had a nice breakfast of fruit and pancakes at the Ship Inn afterwards - the first time I've made this breakfast as I normally train on Friday instead. Because Clairie was taking the piss out of me pretending to have an infectious disease, I think its only fair that I reveal that whilst I had two pancakes and Big Dan had three pancakes, Clairie had four pancakes :)

5 comments:

Tesso said...

Yeah, but Clairie is eating for two :-)

PS I didn't have any. Does that mean I win?

Robert Song said...

Good luck for Sunday.

So hello to Moners for me!

Superflake said...

Good luck with the Marathon Matt. Hope you run fast.

Clairie said...

mmm and they were yummy!!!!!!

What do you mean PRETEND to have an infectious disease? I have one. Called happiness...teasing you made me laugh for the whole day.

Best of luck on Sunday Matt. I'll be sure to be cheering extra hard just for you. Make sure you stay focussed and don't worry too much about what others are doing around you.

You are not going to win this race.
You are going to be beaten by others.
What you want is a PB.
What you want is to break the 3hr mark.
Focus on those two things.

xx

Samurai Running said...

With the build up you've had and the excitment of the day it's going to be a great race. You should be confident but still be prepared for the last 10k it is never easy.

Go for it Matty.