Friday, June 15, 2007

Long intervals

2 x 1500m, 2k - 5:15, 5:07, 7:00 with 60 SR

There was a rare albeit slight early morning headwind to contend with this morning on the first 1500m rep at West End. I made a relaxed start, settling in 4th place to the 500m before accelerating away to the lead. Maybe I was too relaxed at the start as the first split was only solid. The second split saw Pete and I clear out from the rest of the field and I recorded a better split, this time in 5:07. There had been some residual fatigue in the legs in the first two splits and this continued in the final 2k interval, but the lungs felt a million dollars as I concentrated on my form and running economy. After turning around in 3:33, I found some extra juice in the legs and kicked powerfully in the home stretch but just failed to dip under seven minutes, finishing with seven minutes flat. I didn't have much in the tank then and sank to the ground in exhaustion whilst Pete recovered quickly enough to go back and run some more of the Group in!

Am feeling a million dollars right now and am looking forward to a relaxing and easy two hour run on Sunday followed by a 3K TT on Tuesday.

No comments: