Sunday, June 17, 2007

Getting it done

120 mins, 24k's @ 5:00 mins/km

Gees, I struggled to get going this morning - feeling tired and lethargic. Met up with Mike R at the Regatta at 6 and set off on an anti-clockwise Green Bridge loop. The first 20 mins were quite sluggish but after than I improved every minute. We took it pretty easy rarely reaching anything faster than 4:50 pace. After 70 mins, we parted company and I finished off with a Story Bridge and Kanga Pt loop.

After several runs in excess of 2.5 hours the last few months, the two hours just seemed to fly by today!! Felt good at the finish with little tiredness or fatigue and I think the run was exactly what I needed at this stage of my taper.

1 comment:

mike said...

Took exactly 20 mins from GW Bridge to the Regatta. I slowly sped up & finished off with a sub-4 last k.