Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Race pace trial

4k's in 16:58 - 4:19, 4:15, 4:12, 4:11, 3k WU, 3k CD

Went to the Broncos last night taking great care to keep out of the breathing range of everyone on the train and at the game - most enjoyable game too belting the Tigers 48-18 and giving big Petero a standing ovation after he was dispatched to the sin bin for being third man into a biff - love it!!

4k's at race pace this morning which I did with Damian, David and Coach Pat with all the splits being around the 4:13 pace i'm aiming for on Sunday. Felt tired, lethargic and sluggish - a normal taper run. Hardly felt the adductor at all though - a big positive!!

Woke up with a bit of a sore back - probably slept on the wrong side last night but saw Shane Lemcke today for my final physio maintenance and he did some work on the back - not too much to worry about there. Shane pronounced the adductor nearly healed.

I've picked up a minor niggle in the left ankle that I'm paying attention too- typical taper week!!

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Hang in there Matty,

Your going to get phantom aches and pains, just ignore them. Only an attack of "Ross River Fever" could sideline you now. Sleep under a mosquito net and you'll be right.

Clairie said...

I just got diagnosed with a bad case of infectious diseases. Sorry if you get it from me...ha ha ha

That was funny to see you run so far from me when I pretended to cough. You made us all laugh hard!!!!

Tess made me do it :)

You'll have a great run Matty. I just hope I have finished the half in time to see you finish the full!!!!!!!!