Thursday, June 14, 2007

Taper begins

Tues - 1k/500/1k/500/1k/1k - 3:26, 94, 3:19, 93, 3:24, 3:23
Wed - 90 mins, 18k's @ about 5:00 mins/km
Thurs - 50 mins, 10k's @ about 5:00 mins/km

I had a very strong speedwork session on Tuesday despite a touch of fatigue still left in the legs from Sunday's run. The lungs felt clear and strong as I spend the session chasing Jason whilst trying to keep a respectable distance in front of Pete and Glenda. Could have posted some scary splits had the legs been fresher!

Wednesday saw me running alone along the river on a cold but beautiful morning. I was a little tired and the adductor was taking longer to warm up than normal so I didn't need to apply the brakes that I thought I may have to use to ensure that I didn't run too fast for the first easy run of my taper.

Today - an easy 5o mins on the tready to start the day. I couldn't get the metric function working on the tready so ended up running about eight miles an hour pace.

No comments: