Friday, June 22, 2007

The taper continues

Thurs - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:05 mins/km
Fri - 6x2min with 30 sec JR

It was only last week that I was boasting to my brothers Benno and Adam that our winter weather was t-shirts, stubbies and thongs weather and far better than their UK working holiday weather!! Naturally, we are now in the grip of a helluva cold snap. I have since discovered that the windchill factor for my Wednesday run was a temp of 0 deg!!

Thankfully a tready run was scheduled yesterday and I had an easy session at 5:05 pace.

This morning, it was 2 min efforts in the Gardens and Pat asked me to ease off the accelerator from 3:20-3:25 pace to 3:25-3:30 pace which i did. A few of the Friday regulars must have trained yesterday and Glenda has sadly succumbed to a stressie of the posterior tibia so I ended up running by myself this morning. It was a solid session and I pulled up ok after being late to bed last night - it was Langy's 40th at Earth n Sea at Bulimba with a bunch of the PCRG guys. Naturally, I washed down my pasta and pizza with water!! Nearly froze my legs off in the South Bank pool for this mornings wading recovery with the water easily the coldest I can remember it being. My feet were in real pain until they got used to the temp and strangely enough my thighs felt like they were on fire by the time my 10 minutes was up. Still, I swear by it, no matter how uncomfortable it is!!

2 comments:

Tesso said...

So it was that extra 5 seconds slower that you were running that saved me the embarressment of being lapped :-) I must thank Pat for that.

Tesso said...

Ah, bad spelling. Embarrassment.