Monday, June 25, 2007

A relaxed run

90 mins, 18k's @ 5:00 mins/km

Was at Orleigh Park, West End at 6am to help out the Running for Research race with some volunteering. After assisting the set up, my biggest task then was to fix the portaloos after it was discovered that both the portaloos sent out by City Hire were not flushing!! It was discovered that there was no water in the portaloos so I used a 10L bottle of drinking water to fill up the water tank so the toilets would flush and then refilled the bottle with water from the Brisbane River - gees, where's Kenny when you need him!!!

Started my 90 min run from Orleigh Park just before 9am and it was over in the blink of eye! Its amazing how short the run felt after several runs of just under three hours recently. I was relaxed and comfortable throughout again taking care not to go too fast.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

LOL Matty.

I was going to comment with some lame one-liner about toilets but every one I could think of was crappy.