Tuesday, August 01, 2006

PCRG 3K TT

3KTT 10:46 (3:29, 3:43, 3:33)

The legs felt a touch fatigued this morning after my most demanding Sunday long run in quite some time and the warm up didn't loosen them as much as I would have liked. I said to Gerard prior to the start that whilst I would not be busting a gut and running faster than 3:30's, I would try and drag him along to sub 10:45 if I felt good in the last k. The big field set off with the usual excitement at the start and I settled in pretty well, but it was clear early on that whilst the legs were serviceable, they were lacking a little zip. Some drama at the 1.5k turnaround with the marker getting lost and several people turning too late or in some cases, too early. At this time I had settled in five metres behind Gerard and Jonesy was right behind me and the three of us probably lost around five seconds going too far. Heading back up the short incline opposite the booat sheds, I powered strongly up and started to feel really good so I 'flicked the switch' an accelerated the five metres to Gerard. I then ran the last 900m very strongly and still had the breath to do a fair bit of yelling whilst running 3:33 for the last k and only just running out of time to help drag Gerard home under his sub 10:45 goal.

I felt very satisfied afterward, particularly given that I only ran at around 85% effort on tired legs whilst doing a lot of yelling on last k and yet I was still able to run 10:46. The magical Sub 10 min barrier is not very far away at all!!!!

Km's this week - 9
Km's this month - 9
Km's this year - 874
Consecutive alcohol free days - 65

No comments: