Monday, July 31, 2006

Sunday long run

Fri - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:00mins/km
Sun 120mins, 25k's @ 4:47mins/km


After driving out to Ippy in the morning to cover the Park to Park for R4YL, it wasn't until 10:45am that I was able to start my long run in glorious sun at Kedron Brook. After the first two k's. I realised that I was a touch dehydrated and should have drunk more water whilst at Ippy. Nevertheless, a good drink of water at the 7k and a GU and 400ml of Enervit at the 15k ensure that I had the energy to cruise comfortably throughout the session. I felt really comfortable at the pace and 4:51 was my slowest kilometre split - am really looking forward to getting a handful of these long runs under my belt. I've been conservative in doing most of my long runs at 5:00's recently, but 4:40's is closer to my natural pace at present. I finished the run just before 1pm under warm sun and with a film of salt crystals covering my upper body.

Have pulled up exceptionally well except for my sunburnt ears - its been a while since I had to apply sunscreen and it was always going to be a question of which part of my body would I forget to put sunscreen.

Am fully recovered from the cold of last week and am raring to go this week. The plantar fasciitis continues to heal slowly and there is no longer any discomfort when self massaging for about two inches from the ball of the foot running towards the heel. However there is still an inch long piece where the PF reaches the heel that causes me to grit my teeth when I get stuck into it with my knuckles.

Km's this week - 54
Km's this month - 192
Km's this year - 865
Consecutive alcohol free days - 63

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello friends
Do not miss your chance to get a free ipad. Visit http://bit.ly/cmmVr7