Thursday, August 31, 2006

All is quiet on the Western front.

Wed - Midweek long run - 40mins, 8k's @ 5:00 mins/km
Thurs - 2 x 1k with 90 SR - 3:30, 3:25, 4k WU, 4k WD


After a seriously boring run on the tready yesterday it was a relief to get out to Kedron Brook for some solo 1k efforts this morning. The first effort was spot on 3:30 as I concentrated on an even stride and cadence throughout. Although I went a touch too fast in the second rep with a 3:25, it was a pleasing workout completed just before the heavens opened. I then enjoyed a very pleasant 4k warm down run through torrential rain back to my car and I was quickly soaked to the skin. Gees, I love a good run in the rain! Upon arriving back at the car, it was less than pleasant to discover that all three towels I keep in the back had been removed for a long overdue washing......

For most of the part, my body is in reasonable shape at the moment. My right PF still needs a lot of work and my left PF still has a 1cm spot where scar tissue seems to be forming and I have to keep massaging it. The shins have a mild ache once or twice a week but nothing dramatic. All is on track for another threshold effort race in the BRR 10k in a few weeks when Langy and I will pace Gerard to sub 40. Then perhaps a full comeback to racing in the BRR 5k Champs in October. So you could say all is quiet on the Western front at the moment.

Km's this week - 28
Km's this month - 242
Km's this year - 1106

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New here,

I'm just browsing sites for the children of Haiti.

I'm doing my part for a non-profit group in which the main focus is to
building oppurtunities for the children in haiti. If anybody wants to help then this is the place:

[url=http://universallearningcentre.org]Donate to Haiti[/url] or Help Haiti

They provide children in Haiti a positive outlook through education.

Yes, they're real.

Please give