Thursday, August 24, 2006

Recovery mode

Tues - 10k Recovery Run at 5:00's
Wed - 6k Midweek Long Run at 5:00's
Thurs - 4min, 2min, 4min, 2min, 4min with JR and SR, 3k WU, 3k WD


Monday saw me walking gingerly with significant DOMS in the quads and glutes. On Tuesday morning, I didn't go to speedwork as the session was on the grass at the Botanic Gardens and I still avoid grass at the moment. It was just as well as I was incapable of running at speed and instead did my impersonation of the Cliffy Young shuffle with a 10k recovery run along Kedron Brook. Yesterday, I was as Fitness First doing a comfortable 6k's on the tready as I continue the process of building my Wednesday midweek long run up to 18k's at the rate of 2k's per week.

This morning with the legs almost back to their normal selves, we did a session of longer reps through the Gardens alternating jogging and standing recoveries. I settled into a nice pace in the vincity of 3:30's at the back of the A-Team with Andy, Glenda, Aza, Langy and Jamie motoring along in front of me.

The shins have pulled up about as well as I expected them to this week. There is no discomfort whatsoever when running or following a run. Occasionally there may be a 'pang' of discomfort that flickers through the bone for a second or two late in the day but these a few and far between.

I'll continue the recovery theme this week with an easy 10k tomorrow and a reduced Sunday long run of 18k at the Brisbane Road Runners 14k Champs.

After 87 days without a drink, three days longer than my plan of 12 weeks on the wagon, I'll finally enjoy a quiet drink tonight!!!!

Km's this week - 26
Km's this month - 190
Km's this year - 1054
Consecutive alcohol free days - 87

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Great to hear you will be down at BRRC on Sunday....so what pace will you be running?