Thursday, August 10, 2006

Wednesday midweek long run resumes

20 mins, 4k's @ approx 5:00's

Did an easy 20 mins this morning from my place through the back streets to the Kedron Wavell RSL and back again. This was my first Wed midweek long run since March 2005, although its obviously not a long run yet! I plan to bump up the distance of this run by 2k's per week until I'm up to 18k's.

In March 2005 my comeback from my shin splints was at one of its lowest points and I made the decision at that time to reduce my runs from five to four times per week. Prior to breaking down for the first time in late November 2004, I was doing two 18k midweek long runs in each four week block of my program along with 14 or 16k's another week and 10-12k's in the recovery week. Looking forward to getting back into it again!

This is my 200th blog post - how time flies!

Km's this week - 14
Km's this month - 67
Km's this year - 932
Consecutive alcohol free days - 73

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Congrats on 200 posts Matty! Looking forward to being just as amused by the next 200 :-)