Friday, August 11, 2006

New shoes!

Thurs - 4 x 500 @ 1:45's 4k WU, 4k WD
Fri - 50mins, 10k's @ 5:00 mins/km


Went out to Intraining on Wednesday night with a mission to buy a pair of neutral runners from Langy. With two pairs of Brook's Glycerins recently retired and 520k's on the other one, it was high time to add another pair to the rotation. I went through the entire range of neutrals that Langy brought out for me and whilst the Mizuno's were impressive and felt highly promising, I took the conservative option and went with the latest model Brook's Glycerin 4's. I love the Brooks - they seem made for my feet! I also decided to try dropping down a size from US 11.5 to US 11. To cut a long story short, several shop assistants have told me that the 11.5's fit me ok and the memories of my feet swelling up and pushing against the toebox in the last 7k's of my 2004 Gold Coast Marathon are still fresh which is while I have been reluctant to try the size 11 for quite some time. It seems to me that my feet are borderline too small for the 11.5's and perhaps borderline too big for the 11's. However, now is a good time to see how it goes.

My first run in the new Brooks went very well during a tready speedwork session yesterday - it'll be interesting to see how they go during Sunday's long run which I will do at BRR during and after the 10 Miler. I followed up yesterday's run with an easy and uneventful 50 minutes this morning.

The Plantar Fasciitis continue to recover well - the tear has healed all the way down to the heel with only a 1-2cm stretch still providing discomfort, but only when I give it its daily four minute self massage.

Km's this week - 34
Km's this month - 87
Km's this year - 952
Consecutive alcohol free days - 75

No comments: