Monday, August 28, 2006

Sunday - The new Matty

Fri 10k's @ 5:00 mins/km
Sun 14k's @ 5:00 mins/km


Things have been chaotic at work lately so I was in the office on my day off on Friday. Instead of a whole day in which to do some writing, I was up to 11.30pm on Friday night desperately putting together my R4YL Noosa Half race report before the Sat AM deadline. So if the report is not up to my usual standards, you'll know why!!

After five hours sleep, I was back in the office on Saturday morning and by Saturday evening I felt like I had the symptoms of a mild cold but I was so groggy from tiredness, I couldn't really tell. MJ and I went to Hannah B's party and whilst the old Matty would have unwinded with 7-8 beers, the new Matty doesn't drink whenever there is even a hint of a cold/flu on the horizon. Instead he made several trips to the kitchen to drink water out of a plastic wine glass!

After seven hours sleep, I woke up still exhausted on Sunday morning and with deep regret(yes, really Clairie!) decided to go back to sleep for three hours instead of going to the Brisbane Roadrunners 14k Champs and Clairies Birthday Breakfast. When I woke after 10hrs sleep, I still wasn't feeling 100%. Fortunately, its a recovery week on my program and only 18k was scheduled but I cut that back to 14k which I managed ok.

Went to RooBoy's place in the arvo to watch the Broncos pack give Parra a nice touch up and again did not drink considering I still felt like a cold was coming on. Yes, that's the new Matty for you!


Km's this week - 50
Km's this month - 214
Km's this year - 1078

1 comment:

Clairie said...

aaahhhh so that's what happened to you.

What is it with you and colds???