Friday, August 26, 2005

Skipped Friday recovery run

My shins still haven't quite recovered from my hard 5k at Noosa so I've just made the descision to skip this arvo's 40 min, 8k Friday Recovery Run. Gees, its never easy to skip a run even though deep down, you know its probably the right thing to do. Believe me when I say it takes more discipline and committment for me to skip a run and rest my body than it does to do the hard yards and go out on a run. Skipping a recovery run will not harm my chances of a PB in the Brisbane River Run 5k in three weeks, but missing a week if the shins flare up badly after a run this afternoon would most certainly harm my chances! Its tough when your heart and soul wants to train like an animal and run 17ok's a week and your body is only ready to do 50k a week at the moment!

Rest assured that the shins are not feeling that bad - and certainly, they are no where near what they were feeling like at the height of my shins splints. I'm really taking the resting of my legs to extremes - I'm going to spend the rest of the arvo lying down, watching a DVD, before heading off to the Broncos tonight. I'm in the process of accumulating a collection of the entire James Bond series so will watch From Russia With Love.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Heh Matty,

Hope you are feeling better today and getting over your lurgy.

Isn't the RiverRun 5km a curvy one with lots of corners around West End? Not exactly a PB course I would have thought. Oh well, I'll see you there as Pat has me down for the 10km!