Friday, August 19, 2005

A massage at last!!!

Friday Recovery Run - 40 mins, 8k's @ 4:55 mins/km

Everything continues to fall into place for Noosa after I enjoyed a nice solid recovery run this morning in warm conditions at 10am. I then got my first massage in three weeks and I swear that my legs were craving a rub as this is the first time in six months that I have missed my fortnightly Friday massage. However, I didn't have much choice in the matter as my masseuse, Bruno was in Helsinki rubbing the likes of Craig Mottram and Patrick Johnson at the World Athletics Championship. Now, I always put my country first, so Bruno didn't get any complaints from me that I had to miss a week!!

Three hours after the massage, the legs are feeling great. My only worry in the leadup to Sunday is yet another flare up in my upper back neck region with some minor trigger point pain from C5 in the spine. Bruno gave that region a good going over and coupled with the exercises I'm doing for it, it should hopefully go away soon.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

OMG, late-night cold water, you're mad!!! :) Good luck for Noosa, I'll be seeing you when you get there anyway!!