Friday, August 12, 2005

Another "ho hum" Friday

Friday Recovery Run - 40mins, 8k, 4:58 mins/km

Its official, I'm struggling to make constructive use of my Friday's. Since taking a Weekend Supervisor's role at work two months ago(work Sat to Wed), I've generally enjoyed productive and fulfilling Thursday's after the endorphin rush of Thurs AM speedwork. However, on Friday's I tend to be lazy and sluggish until mid afternoon and am in dire need of something to kick start my day. As I do not do my Fri run till late afternoon to give my shins maximum recovery time, I've decided to start each Friday with a decent hitout in my home gym - from next week, that is.

In bitterly cold and overcast conditions this afternoon, I toddled along for a standard recovery run, then jumped straight into the car to defrost with the heater on high.

I should add that I started my day in a foul mood after logging on to see the progression made since the middle of the night. For what its worth, my thoughts on the cricket are:

- Dizzy - has to go. Kaspa back in to give us options with the old ball.
- Fielding - perhaps its time to bring back Simmo to run some drills. I think we've gotten a little too comfortable with the view from the top and the fielding has declined
- Batting - the moment of truth later tonight, with Clarkey(43) our only batsman averaging over 40 this tour.

Despite my criticisms, watch us hit back hard tonight though - never ever underestimate the heart of a Champion!!

No comments: