Friday, August 05, 2005

Friday Blues

Friday Recovery Run - 40 mins, 8km's @ 5:02 per/km

Started the day by driving MJ to her physio at the Qld Sports Medicine Clinic at the Gabba. MJ's back had seized up following an innocous bend over whilst performing a CPR exercise at a training course yesterday. Watching her sprawled accross the back seat and grimacing as I tried to drive as smoothly as possible was a potent reminder that the Grim Reaper of injury is always lurking and looking to impede our windows of opportunity. I made a silent pact to really step up my core strengthening exercises which have fallen off the pace since I had my own back problems with trigger point pain from C5 in the spine a few months ago. Get well soon, MJ , you gutsy gal!!!

Was pretty lethargic most of the day and would like to have gone for my recovery run early in the morning to kick start my day with some feel good endorphins. However, where possible, I'm currently trying to keep at least 36hrs between my runs in order to give my shins maximum recovery time between sessions. So, at 4:30pm, I finally got out to my favourite route starting from the Nundah Criterium and following the bitumen path along the Kedron Brook. Racked up an easy 8k's and the body felt ok.

I can't sign off for the day without adding that Brett Lee's bowling was disgraceful last night and I've been saying for years that he's not up to test cricket. There! I feel better already for getting that off my chest!!

2 comments:

Horrie said...

Matty, I've been waiting for a Brett Lee update on your blog. Have you watched the last 2 days play. Do you think you may have changed your mind about him being up to Test Cricket now?

Matty said...

Mate,

We lost the bloody test match so that's all that matters and we can't gloss over the fact that Lee went for 100+ of a mere 17 overs on Day 1.

M