Thursday, January 11, 2007

Wednesday and Thursday

Wed 85 mins, 17k's @ approx 4:50 mins/km
Thurs 50 mins, 10k's @ 4:57 mins/km


Backed up for another 4:30am start on Wednesday and Langy and I headed for the Ship Inn where Andy C, Glenda and Jenny A joined us for a run. This was the first real opportunity my Wednesday group has had to do a loop comprising the new Green bridge so that was the popular choice. As such, we headed through West End and up the hills to Dutton Park before crossing the Bridge and returning to the Ship Inn via Coro Drive. Mindful of yesterday's TT, I made sure that I was running at a comfortable talking pace and not pushing too hard. It was a great run with Langy and Jenny hanging back with me whilst Glenda and Andy were a tad quicker up front, occasionally pulling 100m ahead. Pulled up well.

I was called out at 1am this morning to do a mission of mercy for work and didn't get back to bed till 90 minutes later. As such, my eight hours of sleep took me to 8:30am and it was 9:15 before I commenced a run along the Kedron Brook. I was slow warming up today and it was not until the 5th k that I broke 5 minute pace and then cruised home in 4:50's for an average of 4:57's. The body is feeling pretty good at the moment, but nevertheless its been three weeks since my last massage as Bruno has been on holidays and gees, I'm really looking forward to my next rub.

This week - 37k
This month - 37k
This year - 109k

No comments: