Monday, January 15, 2007

Oops....I made a mistake!!!

Fri - 50 mins, 10k's @ about 5:00 mins/km
Sun - 120 mins, 24k's @ 4:58 mins/km


Friday saw me do a easy run at 3pm just before I went to see Bruno for my first rub in three weeks. Predictably, everything was tight but I'm feeling much better for the rub now.

On Sunday, my alarm woke me up at 5:50am and I glanced out the bedroom and bathroom window to see dark overcast clouds. 'You beauty' I thought. 'I can go back to bed for another hours valuable sleep and still be able to do my run later on without having to risk being sunburnt'. Suffice is to say that after waking at 7am and then procrastinating for a while, I started my run at 8am and ran 500m before the cloud cover blew away to reveal a fierce sun......Two hours later, I was grateful to finish after enduring 1hr40mins of full sun exposure and only 20 mins of cloud cover. Obviously, my pace suffered and there were quite a few splits over 5:00min pace. It was a gutsy session, but I'd rather have a quality session and will be trying not to make this mistake again!

This week - 71k
This month - 143k
This year - 143k

No comments: