Tuesday, January 16, 2007

8 x 1 min under Story Bridge

8 x 1 min with 30SR, 3k WU, 3k WD

Before we started our session this morning I took over after Pat's motivational spiel and announced to the Group that our very own Glenda had just been ranked the 18th fastest Australian female Marathoner in Dave Cundy's annual rankings of the fastest 100 Australian Marathoners: http://www.canberramarathon.com.au/index.php?pageid=131 Onya Glenda!! Superflake was kind enough to remind everyone on CoolRunnning that I will need something a little faster than 2:44:33 to scrape onto next years list!! I love these lists - they really motivate me. I've always said that I would have done much much better at school if the entire grade was ranked at the end of each term from one to two hundred or whatever. At school, I was probably ranked in the top 25%-40% vincity but had there been an official ranking I'm sure I would have busted a gut to make the top 10% and pick off a few people in front of me on the way. Unfortunately, our education system is designed to protect the self esteem of the lower ranked students rather than promoting competition amongst the good students to make all of them even better. Anyway, enough of my ramblings.

My program called for me to do my efforts at 80% today and that's what I did for the first six reps concentrating on a controlled rhythm. I let down in the seventh rep and streeted the A-Team by at least five metres - felt really strong on that rep and could have run even fasterr. I also ran considerably harder than 80% effort on the last rep. Two reps of Gold Coast Hill followed before the usual warm down at marathon pace back to the Ship Inn with Glenda. A nice session in the bank.


This week - 10k
This month - 153k
This year - 153k

1 comment:

speedygeoff said...

Good points, I agree. Can I quote you?