Friday, January 05, 2007

On these days.......

Tues - 1/500/1/500/1 with 30SR - all reps around 3:55-4:10 pace
Wed - 90 mins - 18k's @ 4:58 mins/km
Thurs - 50 mins - 10k's @ 4:58 mins/km
Fri - 50 mins - 10k's @ 4:59 mins/km


It was on these days three years ago in 2004 that I made my comeback to running. On January the 4th, 2004, I shuffled and struggled 4k's in over 20 minutes! Seven months later I ran 3:12:45 in my debut marathon. With my second marathon now just seven months away, its exciting to contemplate what I can achieve this time given my mileage of 70k's a week this early in the campaign! Bring it on!!

Tues - took it easy at speedwork as I was still well short of 100% after the mild cold I had on Sunday
Wed - a gorgeous run in steady and torrential rain that did not let up for 90 minutes. I really enjoyed the sting of the rain on my bare (mostly) skin.
Thurs - an easy 50 min run
Fri - another easy 50 min run. Although I feel fully recovered from the flu, my legs have been a bit tired the last few days and I'm looking foward to freshening them up over the next 48 hours before Sunday's long run.

Matt

1 comment:

Tesso said...

As much as I like to see you at full pelt its kind of good when you are taking it easy because you are sometimes around my speed and stir me up to run faster and stronger :-)