Thursday, January 18, 2007

Contrasting runs

Wed - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:02 mins/km
Thurs - 80 mins, 16k's @ 4:49 mins/km


Another late start at 7:30am on Wednesday morning saw me plodding through the heat at 5:02's. I felt great so the pace was a little disappointing even though I know the heat was to blame. Importantly, I did not force myself to run faster - an easy run is an easy run.

This morning I woke up at 8:30am after yet another 1:30am mission of mercy for work that didn't see me back in bed till 3am. I didn't want to endure the disappointment of another slow run in the heat so delayed my run till 5pm when I was greeted with a cooling breeze blowing in from Moreton Bay for my midweek long run along the Kedron Brook. Given that I am not doing a second weekly speedwork session or tempo run, Pat has switched my midweek run to Thursday from Wednesday to allow extra recovery time from Tuesday's speedwork session. It was almost a relief to clock a smooth 4:47 opening split and that pace was close to the norm for the remainder of the session as I cruised along feeling strong, upright and comfortable. Was pleased to average a comfortable 4:49's. Its amazing what difference the temp makes!!



This week - 36k
This month - 179k
This year - 179k

No comments: