Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Tuesday - solo speedwork

2 x 1k @ 3:45 mins/km, 4k WU, 4k WD

My left Plantar Fasciitis gave me a little grief on Monday afternoon and evening so I spent some time rolling it on a frozen water bottle. I did likewise throughout Tuesday arvo at work. Causes? Possibly the PF adjusting to the increasing mileage or possibly it was the 200 or so metres of the Half Marathon I ran backwards when talking to and urging on my pace group.

Pat is only holding 50 min easy runs for the next fortnight with most of the squad and Pat himself in recovery mode after the Gold Coast so I did a session at Fitness First on my way home from work instead. The PF was just a touch uncomfortable but certainly not painful and I carefully eased my way through the session without any difficulty. The 3:45's were the fastest I have run in over six months and I did so fairly comfortably so the fitness is coming along nicely.

Am not too concerned about the PF - I think its just a little niggle but to be on the safe side, I'll consult our resident PF expert, Ally to see what she has to say.

Km's this week - 10
Km's this month - 31
Km's this year - 693
Consecutive alcohol free days - 37

2 comments:

Clairie said...

What's your next target race?

Did you really have noooooo alcohol last night??

Tesso said...

Another trick for the PF is to stick a golf ball in a shoe box (to stop it rolling all over the floor) and massage your foot while watching tele, or at work.