Tuesday, July 18, 2006

PCRG resumes speedwork

8x 1 min with 45 sec SR, 3k WU, 3k WD

A large contingent fronted at the Ship Inn this morning eager for some hard running after two weeks of easy runs following the Gold Coast events. I was feeling fantastic upon arrival, but nevertheless, by the time we reached the Story Bridge, I was feeling a little weak with hunger. This had its roots in the events of Sunday night when i cooked a delicious beef stir fry with plenty of rice - half for dinner and half for lunch on Monday. The first thing that came to mind upon awakening on Monday morning was "f%#^ - did I remember to put the stir fry in the fridge?" Sadly, I hadn't and was certainly not going to risk eating a possibly bacteria infested meal. In hindsight, having salad for lunch yesterday didn't provide me with enough energy and even the pizza for dinner last night and the large bowl of porridge before training weren't enough to top up my energy reserves. Fortuantely, I had enough left in the tank to spend the session running with Gerard who normally does his efforts in the vincity of the 3:35 min/km pace I wanted to do today. I ran with control and managed to resist that little voice in my head saying 'Go on - floor it and beat everyone else this rep!" I wrapped up a pleasantly satisfying session with a brisk tempo run back to the Ship Inn with Langy and Wayne.

Now, I just have to try and eat a little more on Monday's and Wednesday's in particular to ensure I'm fueled for all speedwork sessios.

Km's this week - 9
Km's this month - 138
Km's this year - 800
Consecutive alcohol free days - 51

No comments: