Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Back in action

8k recovery run @ 5:15 mins/km

Stated my day by going to QSMC at the Gabab for my second preventative physio session with Shane Lemcke. Shane was happy with how I had managed to free up my hips over the past month with golf ball self massaging exercises. He proclaimed me in fairly good working order and I will go back and see him in six weeks. In the meantime, I'll continue to spend 5-10 minutes with the golf ball five or six times a week. I'll use the golf ball on my rig ht tensor fascia lata under the right hips and also on the top of my left glute.

Dropped into Fitness First on the way home for 8k's on the tready. The body was a little weak intially and I worked up a bigger sweat than normal but felt great afterward. Fitness First remains a prime suspect for causing all my ill health this year, but fortunately, I've only got three months left of regular treadmill running. Believe me when I say I'm paranoid about disinfecting the tready prior to use and taking great care not to bring my hands anywear near my nose and mouth after I have entered the building!

Km's this week - 8
Km's this month - 146
Km's this year - 819
Consecutive alcohol free days - 59

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Stay away from the Gym.