Thursday, July 06, 2006

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!! Plus upcoming goals

4 x 500 @ 1:52's with 90 sec SR. 4k WU, 4k WD.

Well, didn't we get to see a helluva game last night? I drove out to D-Bay to watch the game at RooBoy's place and we were quietly confident of a good showing. Despite appalling reffing and a 16 point turnaround for NSW early in the second half, the old Qld spirit came to the fore yet again!! What a magical finish. I felt like running a Marathon right after the game - sub 3 would have never been in doubt!!! And no, Clairie, I did not have a drink and am now onto my 39th consecutive alcohol free day!

Today, the left PF continued to give me a few niggles but I got through a solid session nicely enough. Have read the chapter on PF in a book called Fixing Your Feet by John Vanhoff that MJ gave me to read some time ago and I will start doing some of the stretching exercises recommended. I'm currently wearing and old pair of runners and my orthotics around the house instead of going barefoot and am utilising the frozen water bottle twice daily. I have also emailed our resident PF expert, Ally for some advice. I'm pretty confident that I can nip this in the bud before it becomes a cause for concern.

Right now, I'm feeling pretty healthy and have done well since the detox, but am hedging my bets by not consuming milk or bread until I can rule out an allergy to either dairy or wheat. Unfortunately, the first allergist I tried to book with can't see me till the middle of October so I'm trying some more. Nevertheless, I'm training well at the moment and am feeling fit and strong. I won't be reaching full training mileage till September but will enter the Noosa Half in late August and I think I'm a reasonable chance of breaking 85 mins. That'll set me up nicely for a sub 80 min run at my following Half.

Km's this week - 20
Km's this month - 41
Km's this year - 703
Consecutive alcohol free days - 39

2 comments:

Robert Song said...

Good to see Qld get up but lets hope thet don't ever play another game at Telstra Dome. If I wanted to watch people slipping and sliding all over the place, I'd watch ice -skating with the stars.

Tesso said...

I'll second your QUEENSLANDER!!!!