Thursday, July 27, 2006

Misty morning

5 x 950m(approx)with 50-60 sec SR, 3k WU, 3k WD

This morning featured the mistiest morning I can recall in Brisbane in my time training with the PCRG. We could hadly see the other side of the River and even part of the Story Bridge and its lights were obscured from just a few hundred metres away. For safety reasons, Pat moved the session from Riverside Drive to under the Story Bridge and so off we headed, passing the Dutch replica ship, the Duyfken moored at Customs House along the way.

It fair effort for me this morning given I'm around 90% recovered from the cold. I wasn't far behind A-Team in the first 950m rep covered in 3:25, but that took a fair bit out of me. I could have easily flogged myself and kept doing those splits but
eased off and ran to how I felt. I ran 3.25, 3.31, 3.39, 3.41 and then 4:13 tempo
for a fifth one k rep instead of 2 x 500's. A lot of people put in a hard effort this morning and as a result, nobody accompanied me as I cruised back to the Ship Inn at 4:20-4:30 pace.

Shins were a little achey mid morning - not surprising given the cold and I
took the opportunity to lie down, relax and watch a few West Wing DVD's.

Clairie's constant nagging, insisting I quit Fitness First for the good of my health is starting to get through somewhat. I've decided to reduce my treadmill sessions from six per fortnight to four. I think most of the muscle memory benefits for my running gait that have been brought about by treadmill running have been realised but I will do another three months just to be sure. In November, I will bid farewell to that abominable germ ridden cesspit and try and find an open air gym for weekly or fortnightly Wednesday mid week long runs on a tready.

Km's this week - 19
Km's this month - 157
Km's this year - 830
Consecutive alcohol free days - 60

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Hi Matty,

Did you know you can rent a treadmill and have it in your own home for less than a gym membership. So if you only go to the gym for the treadmill - that's the way to go. You can then do your workouts at any time of the day/night.