Monday, July 17, 2006

Sunday - Longest run of the year!

Fri - 10k's @ 5:00 mins/km
Sun - 24k's @ 4:55 mins/km


The plantar fasciitis continued to slowly recover over the weekend and I was able to get through my longest run of the year to date without any issues. I treated myself to a Sunday long run along the Kedron Brook path and just motored along throughout with a narrow range of kilometre splits between 4:51 and 4:59. Just as pleasing as the run was my rapid recovery with little soreness or tiredness in the legs as the day wore on. Bring on the Noosa Half.

The PCRG had their annual dinner on Saturday night and whilst there was little doubt that most people had a fabulous time, the sober Matty found it a little harder to get into the groove! The evening really rammed home how much alcohol assists a good time, either as a social lubricant or relaxant. That's not to say I sat quietly in a corner all night, because I made every effort to throw myself into the thick of the festivities, taking the mike after dinner to take the piss out of a few team mates with some gags and outstaying MJ and Langy who both departed before me.


Km's this week - 55
Km's this month - 129
Km's this year - 791
Consecutive alcohol free days - 49

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Thanks for organising the gags Matty, they were so funny. I think Robbie was a bit worried you were going to give him another t-shirt to add to his collection.

And while alcohol assists a good time at night, it sure assists a bad time the next day. I don't think many other PCRG-rs were on the road Sunday.