Thursday, May 10, 2007

A sense of urgency

Fri - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:00 mins/km

There is now a sense of urgency to my running, my core strength training, my diet and anything related to my Gold Coast Marathon goal as the clock continues to tick down. I felt really good this morning after the tiredness yesterday but resisted the temptation to increase the tready speed to 4:50's or something, leaving it at my usual 5:00 min pace.

Completed the session well and am feeling fresh and ready to run hard at speedwork tomorrow where 2 x 4 min, 1x 8 min efforts await.

1 comment:

mike said...

Matty,

I ran that session this morning, my first after holidaying @ Straddie. Pleased to see on crossing the line that I had run exactly 8.00 for the return...

BTW, what's your philosophy about training @ 5min k pace when you want to be running @ 4.15? I'm coming around to the opinion that your body needs a long period of adjustment to race pace so that it does become normal & comfortable.

I'm trying to avoid long slow runs & to go harder over shorter (15 -18ks) distances.