Monday, May 28, 2007

Last 2hr 50min run

170 mins, 35k's @ about 4:50-4:55 mins/km

After volunteering at the Red Run 5k at New Farm which raised money for the Haemophilia Foundation, I started my run by myself at 8am. The adductor was again sore for the first half an hour but moreso from Bruno's bashing on Friday than any tightness. Once I got warmed up, I was moving fine. Once I reached the Gardens, I followed the Brisbane Half Marathon course and did that in 1:43 before returning to New Farm. The last half hour got a bit tough with glute soreness and an aching plantar fasciitis but I got it done, doing a handful of loops of New Farm Park.

Then it was off to Suncorp Stadium to enjoy the Broncos record 71-6 demolition of Newcastle!! I could feel that my body was still dehydrated and as such, resisted the temptation to enjoy a few XXXX's. I'm pretty much on the wagon all the way up to the Gold Coast now.

Was very tired and fatigued at work today - hopefully the body will be right for tomorrow morning's 3k TT. Am also looking forward to the annual leave I've taken for the rest of the week which will help me rest up before the Doomben 10,000.

No comments: