Tuesday, November 28, 2006

8 x 500's

8 x 500's - 100 secs,43 SR,100,32,101,40,98,37,101,41,99,40,102,24,102
Avg Rep 100.3 (1:40mins) Avg SR 36 secs. 3k WU, 3k WD
A nice controlled session for me today albeit a little frustrating having
to hold back to ensure that I didn't go too much faster than sub 3:25 pace.
Like it or not, I will rarely exceed sub 3:25 for the next three months.
Lets see if my body can handle three to four months of 72-73 k's a week
before I get get stuck into the quicker stuff. Anyway, I averaged 1:40:3
for today's reps with a range between 98 and 102 seconds. Very short
recoveries averaging 36 seconds and a fair bit of cheerleading out there
ensured that I had my hands on my knees after some of the later reps. I
can't wait till I floor it at this session again - my PB average of 94:75
is sure to come in for a mauling!!

I was pleased to be the first one to recover and lead the way to and then
up Gold Coast Hill where I really put in on each of my two journies to the
top.

Langy, Glenda and Jonesy were all gutted after flogging themseleves a lot harder than I did on the 500's and turned down my invitation to do a Marathon pace warm down back to the Ship Inn. Fortunately, I ran into Brisbane Marathon winner, Siri Terjesen on her bike in the Gardens and we had a nice chat for the remainder of my warm down.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Good session wasn't it?

I am not sure what I averaged but my fastest one - the last effort was 1:44 so I must be getting better. the ones going up the hill were a lot slower I must admit.

Did you know Siri is coming to Pat's now. She starts tomorrow.