Monday, December 04, 2006

Diappointing times

Wed - 90 mins, 18k's @ approx 4:45's
Fri - 4k tempo, 3k WU, WD
Sat - 50 mins, 10k's @ 4:52 mins/km
Sun - 50 mins, 10k's $ 4:55 mins/km

For the first time in a while, the demands of work and life have negatively impacted upon my running. Whilst I have not missed a run itself, I have not done any core strength for two weeks and have done few glute firing ex's or foot strengthening ex's. And I'm FILTHY with myself. Will try and get back on top of things this week.

Wednesday saw me do a midweek long run with Slash around the River which went well, but was then followed by 13 hours in the office - was exhausted after that day.

Delayed my Thurday tempo run till Friday which I did in warm conditions at 10am at Golden Beach near Caloundra whilst MJ visited a physio. We then had a nice lunch at Alfie's on the Beach to make a nice day of it.

Sat was an easy late arvo run, delayed to allow recovery time from some shin discomfort.

I was planning to do a 2hr long run on Sunday but my shins continued to give me some minor grief. I probably have a mild virus that is making me feel like this although the rest of my body feels fine. I decided to reduce my run to 70 minutes (a good taper for Kurrawa) which went ok and without discomfort for 50 minutes until an electrical storm hit. I love running through heavy rain but electrical storms are another matter and after 30 minutes of waiting for it to pass, I decided to call it quits. Hopefully my body will thank me for it at Kurrawa.

No comments: