Monday, November 13, 2006

Sunday - Heat training

Fri - 50mins, 10k's @ 5:00 mins/km
Sun 120mins, 24k's @ 4:55 mins/km


Some disorganisation and procrasitination saw me start Sunday's run at 7:45am and finish just before 10am in temperatures in excess of 30 degrees. The heat ensured that the pace was a little slower than my normal pace in the high 4:40's but otherwise it was a solid effort. Good heat training for the Kurrawa to Duranbah 25k relay leg if I do it! As of yet, I don't have a partner and will only flog myself in the race if my partner and I are a chance of winning or placing.

Things are humming along nicely at the moment. Bruno mentioned on Friday that my calves are in the best shape he's felt them so all's good!

1 comment:

Samurai Running said...

Sure sounds like it's getting hot over there! Do you have and secrets for training/racing in the heat?