Monday, July 23, 2007

PCRG Formal

Fri - 30 mins, 6k's @ 5:15 mins/km
Sun - 70 mins, 14k's @ about 5::00mins/km


Its been good to get back into the running as the skin on my foot slowly heals. 30 mins on the tready on Friday was followed by a 70 minute 'long run' at dusk as I cruised from my place at Wavell Heights, through Marchant Park to Aspley and back. Its all good - prior to that, MJ and I had taken our new Japanese homestayer Nao out to Pinkeba to check out the USS Kitty Hawk. It was an impressive sight - but would have been even better if it was berthed on our side of the river. I was truly stunned at how many Brisbanite's had decided to take a Sunday arvo drive out to see her. We were in bumper to bumper traffic for 30 mins to get there and when we left, cars were backed up 5k's.

No doubt the highlight of the weekend however was the PCRG Formal at the Rydges Rooftop - you'd be hard pressed to find many better functions rooms with a better view in town. A nice meal and plenty of drinks were enjoyed and it was great to catch up with everyone's Gold Coast stories after not having attended training since. I was relatively well behaved (I didn't even harass, limiting the damage to about eight drinks. Andy S was a deserving winner of the Group member of the year for mine although I'm not sure about Keith winning the best shirt off look :) Perky's experience was upsetting but he's a tough lad and I'm sure he'll bounce back - get well soon, Mate!

No comments: