Thursday, July 19, 2007

Finally!!

30 mins, 6k's @ about 5:00 mins/km

It was with a fair degree of apprehension that I dropped my car of at the mechanic this morning and then set off for the run back to my place. The slowly healing cut on my foot had been uncomfortable just squeezing it into my shoe, so how was I going to get through a run? I need not have worried though for their was no discomfort whatsoever once I started. The only discomfort was from my slightly laboured breathing as I blew out the cobwebs after 13 days without running - the longest break since my January 2004 comeback. Best of all, their was no broken skin when I took my shoe off to inspect the cut and only a smidgeon of bleeding.

I plan to do some easy running every day till Sunday and then do 70 kilometres of easy running for next week. Then its back to Pat's for three weeks of speedwork before the Noosa Half. Other than that, I have still not finalised my direction beyond the next month but hope to resolve that shortly.

3 comments:

mike said...

7.45am October 7, Melbourne.

Tesso said...

Whate Mike said :-)

Tesso said...

Er, make that "what" not "whate" :)