Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Detox? What detox?

Tues - 15 mins sprints, 3k WU, 3k WD

Less than 30 hours into my detox, I felt like death warmed up when I awoke this morning. I struggled to get ready, I struggled on the warm up and I struggled on the strides and then listened to Pat detail today's session in the Botanic Gardens where we had to sprint two sides of a square and jog the other two sides. I struggled jogging over the the starting point and then friggin took off like a madman, clearing out to an early lead ahead of a depleted A-Team. I figured that I might as well shock my system with some fast running and try and hold on as long as I could. Five minutes into the session, I was about 10 metres clear of the chase pack and telling myself that most of those chasing me had done a hard 10k race on Friday and I would be soft If I let them catch me. Spurred on by those thoughts, I ran even harder clearing out to a 20-30m lead by the time Pat stopped the session early after 12:30mins. After a 30 second break Pat set us a one minute out and back, half of it across the grass. The loss of momentum cost me and I only plodded with the pack for the last rep. Gees, it was tough at the recovery breakfast as I ignored the Up N Go's, PB drinks, poppers, Chicos and Snakes and tucked into Pineapple, Watermelon, cashews and water. A small consolation came when I one a PCRG backpark barely 20 seconds after telling Tess 'I never win anything!'.

Tess asked what am I eating during the detox? A typical day will go like this:

Breakfast:
- 2 large bowls of porridge with honey
- piece of fruit or two

Morning Tea
- Rye cruskits with natural salt free peanut butter
- piece of fruit

Lunch
- Leftovers from dinner

Afternoon Tea
- Rye cruskits with natural salt free peanut butter
- 3 raw carrots (sob!)

Dinner
- BBQ grilled chicken breast spiced wtih paprika, oregano, mixed herbs(or BBQ'd rump) along with mashed potato, brocolli, cauliflower.

Desert
- Piece of fruit or two

3 comments:

Clairie said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha

Oh you make me laugh so much round boy.

That is NOT detox. That is a healthy diet!
Poor lad - that's what some of us live with EVERY DAY. I guess you'd be missing the beer though heh?

Tesso said...

Interesting.

Don't think I could get by without my rye bread.

Or dark chocolate.

Or cheese.

Or Chicos after Pats.

Samurai Running said...

I totally agree with Clairie, Matty. It's just "a healthy diet."
What you should be eating everyday if you want to get under 2:45 for the marathon, I reckon anyway.

You know my wife just came back from a two week detox in Thailand, she went to a special resort, and ate nothing for 8 days straight only drinking some soup and certain juices. She was also getting colon cleansing twice a day.

She reckons she has never felt better and she is normally a bloody fit person.

If your interested in taking this course I can give you the details by email.

Anyway all the best with yours.