Thursday, February 15, 2007

Worrying couple of days

Wed - NO RUN due to low grade virus/cold

The shins were aching a fair bit towards the end of the day on Tuesday and I was feeling like I was coming down with something which proved to be the case on Wednesday morning when I felt bloody ordinary, called in sick and spent half a day in bed. The shins continued to ache intermittently throughout the day.

I'm pretty certain that a low grade virus is causing this current shin discomfort, but there is always a degree of trepidation about me until the shin soreness goes away and I exhale with relief knowing that yet again, the shin soreness has again been linked with a virus/illness and not something related to my running.

I have just gone over the logbook and noted that including yesterdays scheduled 60 min run, I have missed a total of 7 training sessions in the seven and half months since June last year. On two occasions, I missed three sessions in a row due to a bad cold. In an ideal world, I'd only miss 3-4 sessions or less in a year due to illness but considering the number of times I missed sessions due to colds and viruses in the first half of 2006, I'm pretty happy to record only three illness in the last 7.5 months and hope to improve further still.

The shins are feeling much better today and all going well, I'll do an easy 40 minutes on the tready late this arvo to keep things ticking over before the Brisbane Running Group 3k Summer Challenge tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Whew, for a minute there I thought you might be a late withdrawal for the 3k Challenge.