Friday, February 02, 2007

Resting up for BRRC 5k, Sunday

Thurs - 50 mins, 10 k's @ 5:10 mins/km
Fri - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:10 mins/km + 20 mins on bike at max HR


With a 5k race scheduled at Brisbane Roadrunners on Sunday, I've been trying to take it easy the last 48 hours, lying down and watching some dvd's and resting up when I can. Thursdays run was an easy one in hot and humid conditions. Today, I joined a local gym just a three minute ride from my place so I can resume once a week treadmill running alternating Wednesdays and Friday's. Whilst things have gone well over the last two months since I stopped tready running at Fitness First, I'm still not convinced that my gait is perfect yet and another year of once a week tready running will help keep the dreaded overstiding problems at bay. The gym is a bit of a sweatbox with little of the fancy stuff that lures the punters to Fitness First and Good Life. But i think I can handle one run a week there.

Looking forward to seeing where I'm at on Sunday. Pat has asked me to go through 3k in 10:45, averaging 3:35's and then hammer it. 'No worries, Coach'

This week - 46k
This month - 20k
This year - 329k

2 comments:

Clairie said...

Well i will be there on Sunday - seeing as I am Race Director. So no doubt you will get a big cheer from me when you cross the line.

Best of luck Matty. Run Hard.

Tesso said...

Yay, can't wait to see you flying down Riverside Dve on Sunday.