Thursday, February 22, 2007

A good week so far...

Tues - 8 x 1 min, 30 SR, 2 x Gold Coast Hill
Wed - 84 mins, 17k's @ 4:45 mins/km
Thurs - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:02 mins/km

Had a good hitout under the Story Bridge on Tuesday posting some fast early reps and digging deep to clear out from the pack on the 7th rep with only Andy being able to go with me. Two gutbusters up Gold Coast Hill finished off things.

Rocked up at the Ship Inn at 5:30am on Wednesday morning tired and with a sore throat after lots of hollering and carrying on the previous night as the mighty Bullets went 1-0 up in the Semi Finals with a tense seven point win over the much hated Sydney Kings. Langy, Glenda, Jen, Mel and newcomer Beth joined me and we decided to do an anti-clockwise Green Bridge loop heading down Coro Drive first. After an easy few k's the pace picked up and I felt the pinch a little from the 15 min mark until my GU kicked in at the 40 min mark and I ran out the session nicely, running up Highgate Hill strongly. Took my Japanese Homestayer Hiro out to the State 3000 and 5000m titles at UQ so I could cover the proceedings for R4YL. Its was an absolute pleasure to watch dual Olympian Peter Nowill power relentlessly around the track clocking 68 or 69 second laps every time before gunning it home with a 61 second closing lap. Inspirational stuff!!

The last four runs have all been fairly decent efforts so it was relief to amble down my Kedron Brook route at an easy pace. As soon as I started my run this morning, I felt a tight piece of muscle or band about 10 cm long outside my left thigh and I'm hoping its not an ITB problem. As luck would have it, I'm already booked in for a rub with Bruno tonight, so hopefully he'll be able to knock it on the head if its a major issue.

No comments: