Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sunburnt already!

4k tempo in 16:39, 3k WU, 3k WD

On a warm morning with hardly a cloud to be seen in the clear blue azure sky, I set off along the Kedron Brook at 8:15am. After my warm up, I did some stretching, glute firing exercises and finally some strides. Despite that, I fell asleep during the first k of my tempo run clocking a slow 4:33. I woke up after the nasty shock of seeing the split on my Timex Ironman and then proceeded to clock splits of 4:03, 4:03 and 4:00. Quite pleasing.

Less pleasing was discovering at lunchtime that I had sustained quite a bit of sunburn. But I was finished by 9:15am!!!!???? Summer is on the way already!!


Km's this week - 30
Km's this month - 198
Km's this year - 1304

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Matty I put 30+ on at 5am everymorning...our sun really burns early.

PS. weren't you going to add Tony to your horsey list? He's keen.

tonyp@computercorp.com.au