Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mid week update

Tues - 3KTT - 10:29 with 3:22, 3:38, 3:28 splits
Wed - 40 mins, 8k @ 5:00mins/km
Thurs - 4k tempo in 16:30, 3k WU, 3k WD


Tues - I kicked of my week at the PCRG 3KTT with the intention of going at about 95% effort and running 10:30. It was probably just as well as I wasn't targetting a fast time as my legs were quite dead - probably from Sunday's long run in warm conditions. Nevertheless, my breathing and core strength were excellent and I managed to drag my legs to 10:29 with few problems.

Wed - The dreaded tready run at Fitness First out of the way and done with - enough said! Will increase this run to 10k next week.

Thurs - In blustery conditions, I left my cap in the car and ran along the Kedron Brook. After a 3k warm up and some strides(it always feels funny doing strides by yourself) I cruised along fairly comfortably at a touch faster than next years sub 3hr marathon pace. That was until I turned around at 2k and ran into possibly the strongest headwind I've ever trained in for the remaining two kilometres. With my eyes watering, I put my head down and buffeted my way through clocking 4:06 splits that felt as hard as 3:30's at times. Fair dinkum! An interesting morning. I've just logged on to read that Langy was similarly affected and there are gale force winds in Sydney, so at least I wasn't the only one.

Except for a few niggles and the slowly recovering plantar fasciitis, all is well and I'm looking forward to my Sunday long run at the BRRC 25k Champs.


Km's this week - 27
Km's this month - 59
Km's this year - 1165

2 comments:

Robert Song said...

Hope that wind drops by the time I head out this afternoon. Don't fancy running into it all the way home.

Tesso said...

I'm too scared to run without a hat during magpie season so I'm taking a leaf from your book Matty and doing my run on the tready at Fitness First later on. Should be interesting, my first real tready run (more than a couple of kms) this century.