Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Coming up for air!!!

Fri - 50 mins, 10k @ 5:00mins/km
Sun - 90 mins, 19k @ 4:45mins/km
Tues - 15 mins fartlek, 3k WU, 3k WD


This week, I'm doing a training course to be the OH&S Officer at work and this is my first chance to update the blog. I guess it shows how often I blog at work. I'm already having withdrawl symptons not being able to keep up with breaking news etc whilst at work.

Sunday's long run was not without its problems. Despite having only three beers at the Broncos game in order to be ready for the BRRC 25k Champs, I woke up dehydrated, hungry, tired and with my shins still sore from the bashing that Bruno gave me on Friday. So I elected for a mid afternoon run which I commenced at 2:40pm in steady rain. I cut the 120 min run to 90 mins and managed to get through it without any dramas. I thought I'd be doing 4:55's to 5:00's because of my problems but managed to do 4:45's without extending myself. Its pleasing that my comfortable long run pace is getting closer to marathon pace and augurs well for my first attempt at a sub 3hr marathon.

This morning was fartlek in the Botanic Gardens with the Pat Carrollers and unfortunately a little under a quarter of the course was grass and I didn't want to risk sprinting over it so I had to do recovery pace along this stretch and subsequently the A-Team pulled away from me half way through the session. Nevertheless, it was an honest effort. The right plantar fasciitis is almost healed and whilst that is great news, my shins are causing a little concern at the moment so I'll have to be vigilant.

Thanks
Matt


Km's this week - 10
Km's this month - 98
Km's this year - 1204

No comments: