Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Humming along nicely

Tues - 5 x 1min with 30JR, 7 x 30 secs with 30JR
Wed - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:00mins/km


I pulled up nicely from the 10k time trial with only some mild tightness in the right achilles - which I have never had before. I will monitor it occasionaly and carry out RICE as need be to ensure it doesn't become a real problem.

Tuesday saw a solid hitout at speedwork and the session was tailor made for my endurance. I settled into about 6th spot on the way out and was running nice and controlled on the efforts and doing my jogging recoveries faster than most. I'm looking good for a low 10:20ish at next Tuesday's 3K TT.

Today, it was off to Fitness First for my longest Wednesday midweek run since breaking down. 10k's was ticked off and I can't wait to get back to 18k's in a few weeks.


Km's this week - 20
Km's this month - 188
Km's this year - 1294

2 comments:

Clairie said...

You did a great job on Sunday for Gerard/Wayne and then for me.

Thanks heaps for coming along and pacing me so I didn't slip off the wagon at the end. It really helped.

I'll be along to watch you on Tuesday do that sub 10:20 :)

Samurai Running said...

Hi Matty

Thanks for the info on exercises to add to my core workout. I was surfing the net in order to find out how to perform "the bridge" I saw two main types. Which type did you mean? The one in which you are on the floor on your back and you arch up into a bridge, or the one in which you are on your stomach and lift yourself parallel to the floor on your forearms and toes?

Yes, and I hope your 3KTT goes well.You have a scorching time. Mine is 11:03 at the moment and the last two times I ran to beat it the first two Ks were too fast and I just died the last one. To tell the truth I work myself up a bit before these trials and my mind has me beat before I start. But you seem to be able to get the job done alright.

Best wishes

Scott