Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wiped out

I've seen so many runners fall into a hole after contesting a marathon whether of their own making or otherwise and after the Gold Coast, I vowed not to fall down that hole, but unfortunately, I've lost considerable momentum now. After a promising first up speed session on Friday, I was looking forward to my first two hour run in a while on Sunday but woke up with an aching body and fever. Not long after that I threw up my breakfast. I've since spent the first half of the week battling a stomach that simply doesn't feel like eating. For example, today I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and couldn't stomach anything else until dinner time!! Coupled with a case of diarrhoea, its been a pretty ordinary couple of days with what I think is a stomach bug of some sort. I've lost 2-3kg's and now tip the scales at a prawn like 74kg - my lightest weight since I started pumping iron seriously at 21.

4 comments:

mike said...

Matty, you've got the dreaded Nora virus, that's "sweeping Australia". Give it a coupla days...avoid work, crowds & PCRG.

Hope to see you @ Noosa. I've got extra room in my car if you need a lift...

Tesso said...

Oh no Matty, that is not good. I'm glad I read your blog before I commented on Mike's - I was going to tell him to give you the traditional blogger's punch in the belly for me. Hmmmm, maybe you'd better give him one instead :-)

Hope you recover before the weekend, I'd hate to see you miss Noosa.

speedygeoff said...

You QLDers are dangerous with these belly punches. I am still smarting after Doomben.

Samurai Running said...

I wouldn't mind a prawn like that!