Monday, August 20, 2007

Noosa

Sat - 50 mins, 10k's @ about 5:00 mins/km

After a day in the office, i headed up to Noosa at 3pm and checked into the Hotel Laguna. No sooner had I unpacked then the running gear was being thrown on and I headed down Hastings st. Diverting to the boardwalk along the beach, I followed it to the National Park where I hugged the coast for an enjoyable run taking in gorgeous scenery as dusk set in. First time I've done that run and it won't be the last. Back at the unit, it was a brief shower and then straight of to the Reef Hotel for an enjoyable dinner with the PCRG. Not having a big race the next day helps!

Sun - 80 mins, 16k's @ about 4:50 mins/km

Got up and after getting the running gear on I headed out to the course and set off down the deserted and closed off course ahead of the rest of the field so I could get some splits for my R4YL article. I reached the 3k mark and took some splits before heading back to the start and following the race as I ran. Gees, that old marvel Monas put in a superb run and could have easily won had he taken it seriously from the word go and had it not been for a dodgy calf!! I ended up covering 8k's whilst the Half was being run and after the races were over, I headed into the National Park for another beautiful run hugging the coast. 16k's all up for the day - all junk miles though - I won't call it a real run. Nevertheless its good to be working up a sweat again after a week on the sidelines. I don't feel like I've lost much at all, but time will tell me more!

No comments: